Since 1935, Education Credit Union has called the greater Amarillo community home. Its where we live, work, shop, and collaborate with our fellow community residents. We proudly serve the educational community in the Texas Panhandle and their families and have extended benefits to communities across the region.
Take a moment to learn about the opportunities we provide for grants, scholarships and community donations that support our Foundation Giving Mission.
Pocket Change Grants
Education Credit Union employees donate each pay period to the Pocket Change Grant fund, and the Board of Directors matches employee donations annually. These generous gifts provide funds to teachers for worthy classroom projects each year! As a key part of The ECU Foundation, Pocket Change Grants represent the future of our community through accelerating the learning environment in districts across the Texas Panhandle.
- Since 2009, the Pocket Change Grant program has awarded over $758,000.00.
- Teachers may submit applications for the 2023 – 2024 school year starting July 1, 2023.
- The deadline to apply is September 15, 2023.
- Winning teachers may be awarded up to $750.00.
ECU Member Scholarships
The ECU Foundation’s Member Scholarship is offered to our members graduating high school. We have retained Opportunity Plan, Inc. to review and select four (4) ECU applicants each year to receive a scholarship of up to $4,000. Each student will receive $1,000 each semester for four semesters as long as he/she maintains the minimum eligibility requirements as stated below.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant must be an active member* of ECU for at least one full year prior to application.
- Applicant must plan to enroll in post-secondary classes on a full-time basis (12 credit hours).
- Applicant must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.00
Community Organizations Donations
Education Credit Union Foundation supports local 501(c)(3) organizations that promote upward socio-economic mobility of children and adults in the Texas Panhandle.